IEN KERAMOS



Wien is Austrian for "Vienna," and there are a number of porcelain companies sometimes known simply as Wien. This web site will address two: Augarten Wien and Wien Keramos.

Wien Keramos was sometimes contracted by Ebeling & Reuss to provide pieces for importation.

The Keramos factory has been in production since 1929 but the shield/banner mark most commonly seen has been used since 1945. -- Information provided by Kathy Williams.

Left: Owned by Patricia Ohlott


Wien Keramos foals
Standing and lying foals in brown. Photo provided by Kathy Williams, who comments: The little standing foal probably has no mark at all - the Keramos stamp was too large to put on anything without a large base surface, so they didn't stamp those.

Rearing Stallion on base
Photo provided by Kathy Williams.

Rearing Stallion on base, mold markings
Photo provided by Kathy Williams.

Rearing Stallion on base, mold markings
Photo provided by Kathy Williams.

Rearing Stallion on base, later version
Piece does not have a crisp markings; photo provided by Kathy Williams.

Lippizanner in Levade
Lipizzaner in grey, provided by Teresa Rogers-Worrall.

Cantering stallion pair in dapple grey
Cantering Stallion Pair sculpted by R. Chocholka. This large figurine is on the older side - at least the early 1950s. Owned by Kathy Williams. About 14"T x 17"L.

Fighting stallion pair in dapple grey
This large figurine is on the older side - at least the early 1950s. Two Fighting Stallions sculpted by R. Chocholka. Owned by Kathy Williams. About 15" T x 10"L.

 



Back to West Wind
On to Wild Things
Up to W
Return to the Model Horse Galleries Home Page


This page is maintained by the Model Horse Gallery Curator. ©1996-2014